Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

I went to an internet cafe on Wednesday, but it wouldn't let me log in to my blog, so I'm giving a quick update from the SPYM Office now. We got together as a group for Christmas, did a secret santa exchange, and had a pretty good time. Obviously it was nothing like Christmas at home though! On Christmas day we went to a small slum area to facilitate some games with kids there, which was a really different way to do outreach than what I've been used to. Last Friday we went to Lal Kuan, which is where they have the drop-in for MSM ('men who have sex with men,' and they had a dance show for us, which was entertaining to say the least. On the way back from it my wallet was stolen on a bus. I only had the equivalent of about $12.50 in it, and no important cards, so it was a best-case-scenario for being pick-pocketed from, and I'm sure whoever took it was disappointed. Last Saturday, I went to India Gate with Amrit and Jenny. It was my first time venturing out in Delhi independently, and I made it home safe. This week I had a very low key New Years celebration at home - Annu's parents went to sleep and Annu and I just talked until midnight, wished each other a happy new year, and went to sleep. Wednesday was a really good day at our placement, and I took lots of pictures for a change because I realize if I don't start taking pictures soon, I'll regret it when I come home. We did 3 home visits, and saw more people injecting, which always makes the day more interesting. Today was our real EAD and is ending early, so we're going to regroup and make plans for the weekend.
Also, I figured out where to buy and send postcards, so if you want one, email me your address!

No comments: